6.26.2005

Who calls the english teacher "daddy-o"?

Didn't make it to the game. People were pleading a) poverty, b) hangover, both of which are reasons I can respect. So instead I took a little jog down to the frisbee golf course and played myself a round. And despite being momentarily distracted when I picked up the score pencil, it was a nice round. I Shot a tidy 75, despite a very disappointing 6 on number 5. (And a 5 on number 9.) Frisbee golf is one of those activities I like to do in solitude sometimes. Unfortunately, this requires me attempting to avoid almost everyone on the course. Like nice, civilized people, everybody tries to be friendly and make casual conversation. Unlike most times, however, well, come to think of it, like most times, I really don't like trying to make casual conversation with strangers. So, through no fault of their own, they gain my general annoyance. Such is the plight of people attempting to be civilized while I'm attempting to play a solitary round of frisbee golf. C'est la frisbee golf.

I'm at Lestat's right now, which is this coffee shop I've mentioned before. This place is a real mixed bag. It could be the best coffee house on the western seaboard, but the clientele is a little bit sketchy sometimes. And they leave their front door open, so a steady waft of stale cigarette smoke filters in while I'm trying to enjoy my Boyland Bottleworks Brand (tm) Black Cherry Soda. In addition, I have no idea what they're playing over the stereo now. At first it sounded like some sort of Oingo Boingo song, but that's definitely not Danny Elfman on vocals, and now there's this chorus of kids joining the main dude. Hmm. Not sure I like this one. Oh wait, maybe it is Oingo Boingo. The next song is that "Hey!" song. Hmm. I stand corrected.

I'm a little nervous, I think, about moving into a place by myself. I have never, I repeat, never lived by myself. Ever. It was parents until college, then Klaus, then Kyra after college, then Kyra in Boston, then Kyra in San Diego, then my current roommate in San Diego. It'll be strange. I wonder if I'll get lonely. Signs point to 'yes'. I have a tendency to like to be social for mundane things like lunch and other such activities. Check for Depeche Mode references in the near future.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'To be human is to be social' -- the ancient greeks.




-Shelby

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'not the modern ones.' - me.



-Shewlyb

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home