6.14.2005

Let me hear you make decisions.

Sorry it's been so long. Grading and whatnot. But at long last, I am done with all of that malarky, and it's finally time to get my sweet-ass summer going with some extra-fine it-kicking. Actually, when all is said and done, it's not going to amount to much of a summer. I have to start teaching in August, and I have to try to get some dissertation work done before then. My only real free time is going to be in September. Hopefully Klaus will let me hang out at his place for a while, so it will seem like a bit of a vacation, but then school starts again at the end of that month. Wow. Where did the summer go?

There's a ton of stuff I want to do this summer. I want to start having movie nights again. I want to meet some new and interesting people, possibly in other cities. I want to avoid having to help my dad move in. I want to finish two, count 'em, two James Ellroy novels.

I also want to catch up on my Netflix. I feel like, in the beginning, I was just taking my queue as it came, you know, watching the movies that got sent to me. Now, I'm really micromanaging the top of my queue so I get sent the movies I feel like watching right then. That's the wrong way. I want to go back to the old way. And hopefully I'll be able to this summer.

I also learned that my roommate is going to be leaving the program. Too bad, say I, but that means he's also going to be leaving the apartment at some point. Which means I will be leaving the apartment at some point. Whew. I was beginning to feel a little wanderlust. I want to live in my own place with my own stuff and a cat. The cat thing is becoming something of a priority. I'm sure you're all aware of the sob story involved in giving my old kitty away, but I'm really intent on giving some cat a good home in the near future. That's a must. And besides, them sonsabitches are cute.

Also, I want to be visited by friends. So far I've lived in one of the top vacations spots in the country for three years and I've entertained one guest. I'm sure people have, you know, excuses and whatnot, but I'm a heckuva good host. So, you know, if you're taking that California trip, gimme a call. I'll get you drunk at Lancer's.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE a great host. I hardly remember Boston, except something about a bottle of Gin, some cheese and a game of baseball on the N64...

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, he let me kick his ass at frisbee golf. Or rather, I let me beat him (handily), or he let me let myself beat him (handily). Then we went to a gay bar and played pool, then we went to Lancers, then we went to his place and played doctor. He was the "surgeon", I was the "amputee".

-Big Daddy G

10:17 AM  
Blogger Dr. Castrato said...

dude, i AM coming to visit. sort of. LA is the same as SD isnt it?

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home