6.07.2005

Put the tape on erase.

For all those looking for the next musical opus from yours truly, it should be up today or tomorrow. This one's called "Love in the Time of Mothra". The time is a bit weird: it alternates between bars of six and seven through the whole thing (it's roughly four minutes long). Anyway, once again, the words are a little sparse, due in major part to my steadfast inability to write lyrics of any use. Oh well. I shall submit for your approval. It'll be up on the Castrato page.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mothra sounds a little grateful dead-ish.

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! VERY Greatful Dead, maybe meets Paul Simon!

I dig!

I like the syncopated warble/whistles in the middle.

-Shelby

12:13 PM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

Thanks for the compliments. Grateful dead, eh? Well, I suppose it's possible, although I've never listened to a single GD song ever, besides that "drivin' a train, high on cocaine" song. I'm still playing with it.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Dr. Castrato said...

i listened to it. i dont think i would have compared it to the Dead if i hadnt already read these guys' posts. but since i did, it does sort of have that jammy vibe. thankfully you didnt get all jammy with it. sounds good, but probly my least fav of the tracks you've got up there.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home