6.06.2005

Tomorrow I'm going to stars 6 & 7 8 9.

I was going to post today about some extremely sad, depressing, disturbing news that I received on Friday. However, I decided that this is not the place to do so. I wouldn't mind if the readers of this thing included no one I actually know, but as that supposition is false, I should just say that, wow, Friday was a very weird night. Up late with relatives, drinking lots of wine, smoking cigars, talking about all sorts of sad, strange stuff.

This was after the graduate students put on a shameful display at the annual Faculty/Grad Student softball game. Actually, I'd say much of the shame rests on the shoulders of the faculty, who decided it would be well within the rules to bring in any former minor-leaguer they could get on the UCSD payroll. It's as if we were Cheer's and the faculty were Gary's Olde Towne Tavern. I think the score was something like 16-7 or something. Crappy in the extreme.

Grading time is upon me again. Thankfully I only have 8 or so portfolios for one class to go before I get hammered with 65 three-hour logic finals. Those will be crappy to grade, but probably not all that crappy; I really don't mind grading logic because it seems to go fairly quickly once I get going.

Music recommendation of the week: The Orb's "The Orb's Adventures Beyond the Ultraworld." This is a CD I've had for many many years but haven't listened to it in a great while. It's some seriously cool, good stuff. Ambiant, etc. If you're into that sort of thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you on the personal blogging thing. I really don't understand why some people choose to write their most personal thoughts in their blog...it's like because it's a "blog" they think they're supposed to essentially pass out keys to their e-diary. It's stupid and immature and dumb and dumb.

Sorry you had a sad family gathering though.

-Shelby

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home