6.27.2005

In ancient Rome there was a poem about a dog who found two bones.

Apparently, once a month Shakespeare's Pub in Mission Hills hosts a trivia night, and apparently, the team I was invited to join last night are absolute beasts when it comes to trivia. I think there were something like 36 questions and we got 31 right. I was proud to have contributed a few answers, one of which was the answer to: "Which James Bond movie did Tina Turner sing the song to?" Answer: Goldeneye. And I didn't know that as a result of playing endless hours of Goldeneye 007 on the N64. I actually knew that for legitimate reasons. Coincidentally, after I got home from trivia night, Goldeneye was on.

The one disturbing thing I found out last night was the sheer cost of cool concerts in San Diego this summer. I was pissed as hell at myself for not going to any concerts last summer, but not I'm recalling the reason I didn't. Tonight David Byrne is playing. Tickets: $55. Later this summer: Devo: $70. Mark Knopfler: $49. Street Scene: $65. Huey Lewis: $80. What the hell? I can't afford any of those shows. Ugh. The only shows I might be able to afford are those I'm only marginally interested in seeing. SUMBITCH!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one disturbing thing I found out today: Dale would actually consider going to a Huey Lewis show.


-Shelby

7:27 AM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

Only if I'm guaranteed to hear "Hip to be Square".

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home