6.29.2005

Dale: 1, Dinoflagellates: 0.

Finally (to some extent) witnessed the dinoflagellate phenomenon last night. Math Rock and the Turtle took me down to a La Jolla Shores bonfire with some people they knew and I was able to witness the eerie blue-green glow on the crest of the waves. Dang, that's really cool. I imagine that if you were out further into the water and were swimming, it would be quite astounding, but nevertheless, the waves themselves were exceptionally sweet. Here's an example:



But this marked the nth day in the last few weeks that I've stayed out rather late. This, I think, needs to come to a conclusion rather quickly. I'm trying to get work done on my dissertation, and I find it rather difficult if I'm not in my standard routine. I'm a very routine oriented guy. Or so I've discovered about myself. Perhaps this is why people tend to get bored of me rather quickly. Happens all the time. I've gotta work on that, and quick. But the upshot is that I'm having a tough time getting work done on the D, and so I'm going to have to a) either learn how to work without having a set routine or b) get back into that routine. I think I'll have to end up doing the latter. I hope that doesn't make any individual persons bored of me.

I think I'm also a little tired of constantly being the oldest person in whatever group I'm hanging around with. Whenever anyone asks: "Who's the oldest here?", everybody points in my direction. Not that it matters in small group settings, but at large sized thingys (for me that's six people or more), it gets a little tiresome. I especially don't like it when people I don't even know start commenting on my age in relation to them. Where do they get off? I mean, it's fine if I know you. I don't worry about my age all that much (well, this current paragraph notwithstanding), but where the hell do you get off, stranger?

Don't you love reading whiny, complaint-ridden blog posts? There's more where this came from. And the next one might not even mention the dinoflagellates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home