6.01.2005

I don't care if Monday's black.

I bought the big iPod. The 20-gigger. So far the coolest thing about it is going through and transferring all of my old CDs that I haven't listened to in a very long time. Wish, U.F.Orb, Songs of Faith and Devotion, etc. Again I was amazed at iTunes' remarkable ability to salvage nearly destroyed disks. Disk two of my two-disk U.F.Orb combo (the one with the 40-minute full length mix of "Blue Room") was totally unplayable. Perfect transfer. Sweetness.

The only real drawback is being that guy. You know the one. Walkin' along the street like a dipshit listening to his goddamn iPod. So I'm one of those dipshits now. Oh well. Stuff like that happens.

I also love the little game that comes with it, the music quiz. It plays you ten seconds of a song and you have to correctly identify it from a list of five. It gets a little hard, too. I missed a couple once.

Hmm. This is starting to sound like an Apple advertisement. And given my sworn obligation not to whore myself at the alter of corporate America, I now must balance with equal time.

SCREW iPOD!

Well, that wasn't exactly equal time. It was roughly equal to the equal time Fox News gives to the left-leaning folk. Perhaps I should adopt the following: Thosewhodig: Fair and Balanced Coverage of the Alter of Corporate America!

Maybe not. Ugh. I need to get back to work. Get back to work, self. Self, gets yo'self back to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Castrato said...

again, 20 gig is not the "big" iPod. you could have got the 60 gig color shit. but 20 is pretty good. it holds a lot of stuff. like, 20 gigs worth. almost.

4:35 PM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

yeah. 'big' is a relative term. considering my choices were the four gig or the twenty gig, of those, I went with the big one. I was restricting the domain to either four or twenty. Of that domain, the 'big' one refers to the twenty. or rather, 18.57.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home