5.28.2005

Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya' got any yarbles!!

Took a day off today. That is to say, I took a day off today. There may be other people in the world who also took a day off today, but I was referring to just one of them. Me. Had a nice breakfast of bagles, coffee, and cream cheese. Normally I don't get cream cheese on breakfast bagles but, well, today was a day off, so why the hell not? I went over to La Jolla to try to find a non-crappy coffeeshop with free wireless. Found a non-crappy coffeeshop. No wireless. Pisser. Let me prephrase: wicked pisser.

As I was driving today, I saw one of those ironic scenes you expect to hear retold only in lame standup comedic routines. The guy in the car in front of me was really pissed off about something, he was clearly screaming at the woman who was in the passenger seat. At one point he was so animated that he actually honked his horn accidentally as he was flailing around. This would not have been particularly amusing were it not for the ad in his rearview window that said: "If you're upset or angry, you lose! Spiritual Health Tai Chi Centers - 858-555-1234."

Then I came home and did a little spring cleaning and wrote a few pages. Had some fried catfish and red beans and rice for dinner. That sounds like quite an accomplishment, but really it just involved a) putting the New Orleans (tm) red beans and rice packet in boiling water; b) coating the fish in pre-packaged New Orleans (tm) Seafood Fry Coating; c) frying fish. Yummy, nonetheless.

Maybe I'll buy an iPod tomorrow. Tomorrow, after all, is another potential day off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Castrato said...

i got an ipod and its cool. but you should go for a 30 gig. the 20s are like, discontinued i think, and the 30s are barely more than the 20s used to cost. unless of course you find a 20 really cheap, then go for it. my friend jeff bought a 60GB color one. pretty cool.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the big deal about iPods? Does one really need 60GB of portable music (or movies)? That's over 41 straight days worth of music! I mean, my whole computer only has 80GB and I still have over 11 days worth of music and all of seasons 2 and 3 of Family Guy stored away. I have no problem choosing only 16 hours of music for my 1GB card at a time.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home