5.23.2005

Why Matt Barr is going to kill me.

Hey all. I'm very close to finished with a cover version of the Police's "Bring on the Night". Matt Barr's gonna hate me. It was fun for me, though, the guitar parts are fun to play, and I have a lot of harmony stuff going on throughout the song. It's a tough one to mix, though, so it probably won't be up until later tonight (on the Castrato page for your listening enjoyment). In the end, I'm not really sure why I did it, other than its status as a song I like, and one I could play. The other cool thing is the tone on the solo guitar I got goin' on in the last 30 or so bars of the song. Very 1970s Tangerine Dream. Anyway, for those of you who are bored with my horrible songs, don't bother, but if you're at all interested in how I spend my spare time, there ya' go.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if I ever told you, but I really dug your beach boys-ish "la la land" track. Haven't heard the newfangled version yet. Any chance on YOU burning ME a CD of all yer shit so far and mailing it to ME*?






-Shelby







*Shelby Thomas
3810 Mercier #3
Kansas City, MO 64111

12:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Castrato said...

Oh yes, you're dead.
I mean, i can't blame you for turning to electronic drums when you don't have access to a quality drummer like myself. However, your programmed beat had the bass drum hitting on 1 and 3, but the beauty of that song is that Stewart plays the bass drum on 2 and 4. you fucking butcher. plus you made the chorsu sound like some kind of crap-ass carnival. you suck Sting's nuts.

11:28 AM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

I figured as much. Re: drums. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to get anything as cool as Copeland's drumming, so I wanted to make it maximally different. And also, doesn't the chorus sound kind of circus-y anyway?

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home