5.27.2005

The radio to heaven will be wired to your purse.

I was restless last night. Got home at around six or so, decided to do a little cleaning (which angered a group of fruit flies that had camped in the trash area; talk about pleasant). Part of my restlessness was just that I hadn't been home that early in a long time and I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. Generally speaking I would just go work on one of the songs I had brewing, but I currently have none brewing. The other part of my restlessness was my internal conflict over the possibility of buying an iPod. In one sense, I really want one. I mean, everybody else has one. I don't have any sort of music player that I can use on planes, while walking to school, etc. But on the other hand, I just don't need it at all. The cheapest one is something like $180 (with the educational discount), and that's still a lot of money. Eventually I decided that if I'm going to get one, I'm going to get the good one, the white 20gig one. But there's still the question of whether I wanna pay $270 for an mp3 player that I probably won't be using all that much.

So to get over my restlessness I took a drive in my rented Mitsubishi Lancer and went to Best Buy to check out iPods and iPod accessories. Some nice stuff they got. But I wasn't really able to play with them very much; the crowd surrounding that stuff was getting larger by the minute. So I walked around and looked at CDs; going there reminded me of being in Des Moines - Best Buy just seemed to be a sort of destination when we were bored. So I found Elvis Costello's My Aim is True at a reasonable price and bought it. After that, I came home and worked on the introduction to my dissertation. Hah! Dissertation. Say it with me: "d i s s e r t a t i o n."

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

There is a cheaper iPod (the shuffle).

Another pro-consideration: audiobooks.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home