12.31.2005

To Black Tie or Not to Black Tie.

(Actually, shouldn't that be "to black tie or to not black tie"? Whatever.)

Isn't New Year's Eve supposed to be one of those holidays where people dress up? You know, tuxedos, etc. Fine ball gowns. Too bad those days are gone. Now are the days of coffee-shop T-Shirts (of which I now own two, thanks to The Bougeoise [or however it is you spell "booozche-waaaah"] Pig's $8 sale). Now are the days of coffee spilled on coffee shop T-Shirts. Now are the days when showing up at some loser's mobile home with a bottle of Meister Brau and a paper hat that says 2003 constitute a New Year's Eve send-off.

Well, not any more.

I'm dressing up tonight.

Granted, I'm going over to some dude's apartment.

Granted, I'm bringing over a case of Meister Brau.

Granted, I'm recycling all of my New Year's Eve accountrements from years past, including my 2000 sunglasses, my 2002 party hat, and my slightly scratched CD of Prince's 1999: The New Master.

But dammit, I'm going to try to put a little style back into this holiday.

Tie goes on.

And hopefully, by putting "style" back into this holiday, I'm not also putting the "style" in "stylishly arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct and contributing to the delinquency of a minor," or "stylishly thrown in a Tijuana prison."

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

wait, Meister Brau comes in bottles now? Classy.

Also, I hope you realize that now the rest of us are going to have to wear ties too. Escalation.

Also also, it took me a little while to realize that "The Bourgeois Pig" was not another of your entertaining nicknames for people. I spent a few seconds trying to figure out which one of us had been selling you t-shirts (and why)

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home