12.29.2005

I may have gotten a reputation.

Hey all.

Was doing a little site-meter metering (monitoring? gazing? looking intently?) today (which is a little depressing; it's down to around 20 a day, most of which are links to some picture I linked to like, 30 years ago*). Anyway, despite all this, I occasionally get the interesting search result. Today I found that someone got to my site by typing "how to drive exwife crazy" into Google. That's right.

I have a few questions about this.

1. Why did my site come up? I mean, I know these searches are all driven by keywords and such, and I know that I've had the occasional post in the past referring to my ex, but I don't think I want to be known to the world as a premium resource into ex-spousal abuse. I mean, I'm not exactly super-fond of my ex a lot of the time, but I don't bear her any active ill-will. I can just hear it now, the little internet gnomes running around, telling each other: "hey, if somebody asks you how to stick it to their ex, you know who to call: thosewhodig.blogspot.com."

2. Who are these people? I mean, did this guy actually go to the internet, the internet to find some sort of instructional manual, some sort of guidelines or rules-of-thumb, with which to make productive use in driving his exwife crazy? A lot of stuff is out there on the internet, people. Wikipedia, and all that. I mean, wow. The internet; it's just big. But this guy needs to get a life. Go watch The War of the Roses or something, unless you have some sort of Danny DeVito phobia, in which case I understand.

*More depressing stuff: I just found out that this site is worth a paltry $1129.29, compared to some people's ~$6000+. I have a couple of questions about this. First, who can I sell this thing to to get $1129? Second, what can I do to raise my profit margin? Third, did my recent absence lower the overall value? Fourth, what the fuck?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

site meter talk is all the rage today. i wonder about that $6000 thing too. especially since i've made a cool five dollas after three months with a banner ad. i'm totally gonna buy the hugest cup o' joe that starbucks makes with that jing.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home