12.13.2005

I'm not here. This isn't happening.

Another year. Another Christmas vacation with mom. It's becoming something of a routine. Arrive late at the Kansas City Airport; hour and a half drive back to the homestead. Dinner at some suitable fast food establishment. Long, restless days, and the occasional drink and smoke-filled night. Kansas, after all, still has smoking in bars. Nevertheless, despite the rampant naysayers these days, Kansas is still a pretty cool place for me to be during the break. Lawrence is so nice this time of year. Gonna go to the Love Garden. Gonna get some Juice Stop. If I play my cards right, I might even get mom to take me out to the Mass Street Deli for a sweet sandwich and some chocolate chip cheesecake. Yes indeedy.

Of course, there are those long, restless days. Mostly I'm going to try to ready a paper for publication. I think I'm one draft away. If I get that sent off, well, I don't know what I'm going to do. I'll probably bang away on the piano for hours on end. Maybe write a song or two. Probably not, though. Mostly I'll be playing Beach Boys and the occasional Queen song.

Shelby and I might try to get our acts together (literally) for an open mic in Overland Park. He was suggesting some 70s AM Gold, for which I'm down. Perhaps a little John Denver. Perhaps a little Boston. I'll keep you posted, but it will be sweet.

In other news, I finally got my new driver's license! WOOHOO! And I only had to use my passport to get into a bar once! I'd say I'm doing pretty good on this thing.

Ugh. That's all I got, people. The well's been a little dry lately, I know. But the very least I can do is offer you this really sweet picture of Prince.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home