12.20.2005

Leipzig is calling you, Leonard.

A few more notes about my town. I didn't know this as of yesterday, but apparently there's a new drinking establishment here. Which is actually quite remarkable, given that it's near impossible to garner any alcohol at all in this town - the little old ladies have seen to that. You can't buy beer within 600 yards of a church or school, and since the whole town has about a 600 yard radius, well, that just makes it tough. Furthermore, you can't sell hard booze here. You can only sell beer. Well, that's not exactly accurate. You can't really sell beer, you can sell 3.2 beer. Which, as everyone knows, is not really beer. I suppose congratulations are in order for the blue hair crowd.

Anyway, back to my original topic. The options for bar locations in this town are so limited that the new bar that went in had to be located in a former gas station. That's right. A friggin' GAS STATION. It's a bar, all right. Got the neon signs advertising (3.2) Miller High Life, and such. But it sure was a gas station, all right. It still has the pumps. The dang pumps. Not functional, of course, unless 3.2 beer is supposed to shoot out of them. Which, I suppose, would be worth seeing.

So the singles scene here is kind of limited. Just for kicks, I decided to see what the personal ads looked like coming out of here. There were a few doozies. One person (picture excluded), took the nickname: "lacksoriginality", with the tagline: "not so very interesting." Ah! Enticing! Another one: "chemgirl" declares "need to get out." Oh, I'm out, baby. I'm out. "SweetKansan" starts out her ad by saying "I'm a dirty hoe". And also, apparently, a poor speller. Presumably she meant "ho", as in slang for "whore". But instead she settled on a common garden implement. Which would not have been all that interesting in itself.

The men weren't any better. "boredku_student" says: "lawrence gets a little boring in the winter." I see. You're bored. Hmm, here's one: "ineedcandy" declares "i need candy." "Jammin9791" says "Smokin' weed and all types of ill shit." No comment.

So you can see it's, well, I don't know what you can see from all this, but it has been amusing for me. So you can put that in your gas tank and drink it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dapper Dad said...

Hoes seem more likely to get dirty, actually.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose it depends if you mean "dirty" in a literal sense or more of a figurative sense.

R

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home