10.26.2005

Jungle love is driving me mad; making me crazy.

It's Tiger time, baby. Today, for the price of a burrito, ahem, borrowed All Black's copy of OSX Tiger, and installed that sumbitch. I'm extremely happy with it. I set about downloading a ton of widgets, including a Netflix widget, which gives you instant access to your queue (although it doesn't let you reorder your queue; that kinda' sucks). I also downloaded "Dashblog" that allows you, as I am now, to post without having to actually go to the www.blogger.com website. Sweet! I also like the new aesthetic - it's a little sharper. Now, if I can just keep my damn hands off the widgets and get some freakin' work done, I'll be golden.

I got some relatively disturbing news today. It's possible that the Karaoke competition will only be open to people who are competing on Saturday, rather than Sunday. I would go Saturday, except I'm going to be in Northridge giving a paper. It's a little snippet from my dissertation, but I think the argument is killer-sweet, so if you're going to be in Northridge on Saturday, I'd check it out. Another bit of disturbing news I got today was that apparently somebody, in the dustiness of my car, had scrawled "DIE" on both the passanger and driver's side windows. It was a little freaky. But I'm assuming that this is a prank, given that I don't actually think there's anyone out there who is interested in my death for any particular reason. But I'm going to be watchin' for dudes waiting to jack me with a sock full of pennies - you better believe that one.

For those of you interested, I thought I'd just give a little synopsis of the movies I've seen since I had that little hiatus:

1. Stroszek
2. Duel
3. The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser
4. Burden of Dreams
5. My Best Fiend
6. The Asphault Jungle
7. The Hitch-Hiker
8. Elevator to the Gallows
9. A History of Violence
10. 2001: A Space Oddessy
11. Just Like Heaven
12. Red-eye

Maybe that's it. Actually, that doesn't seem like that many. Oh well. I need to start watching more movies. Anyway, I would say that, with the exception of #s 11 and 12, basically all of these movies were really good. I especially recommend #s 1, 5, 7-9. Of course, 10 is the greatest film ever made, but that goes without much saying. The others you might not have had such a great impression of.

Am I happy the White Sox won the World Series? Well, yes and no. I feel like Chicago deserves a World Series, but then again, I feel like the White Sox should be condemned to finish in last place for all eternity, thanks to Shoeless Joe Jackson and the other 1919 scumbags. It's a tradeoff. Call me neutral.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

F the Sox.

CUBS in '06!!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home