9.26.2005

He smoked a big cigar and drove a Cadillac car.

There's this dude who parks in my parking spot all the time. Freaking pisses me off. All the time he's parked there. And it's not like he doesn't know it's my spot. It's not like he doesn't know that he's not supposed to park there, because most of the time, not all the time, as soon as I pull in, he comes out and moves it. But still, it's the principle of the thing. So today, when I got home, this jackass is parked not only in my parking space, but he's taking up my space AND THE SPACE NEXT TO MINE. Well, this was too much to take. I yelled at the guy a little bit. I felt a little bad, but then I thought: no. This guy's a jerk, and I just gave him what for. Serves him right. Next time I'm having his ass towed.

We had the first lecture today in the class I'm TAing. It sounds like it's going to be a reasonable amount of fun. I like teaching this class anyway; it's pretty easy and surprisingly rewarding, given that logic is essentially like math; you can see students' lights go on. And the students for this class generally appreciate you more than classes where they have to write papers. In those cases, they have a tendency to think they're doing great work. When you tell them they're crazy, they get pissed. Here, they know they don't have any idea what they're doing, and it's pretty easy to explain what went wrong. So the pressure's off, at least as far as the students are concerned. Also, doing section is fun, because any sentence can stand for 'P' and 'Q' - I generally like examples that have something to do with international intrigue or superheroes - Superman vs. Dr. X. (Although I don't think Dr. X is a real Superman villain; I think he's a fake Mr. Show Superman villain, but I like the moniker, anyway.) Section's also pretty easy generally. Usually students just want you to do examples on the board, for the most part.

Alright. That's it for tonight. Tomorrow, I'm going to give you the rundown on Nixon's Final Days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home