9.29.2005

He himself has said it; and it's greatly to his credit.

Hello friends.

When, in the course of human events, a certain blog author gets himself written out, the winds of change, as they say, must blow. I simply don't have the gumption, wherewithal, the energy, to keep maintaining this blog at the whirlwind pace I've been doing so for the last ten months.

So, given all this, I have decided to resign, effective immediately.

There are all sorts of reasons, I suppose. Too much of my life that interests me is stuff I just can't post. The stuff I can post just doesn't interest me all that much. I could keep writing stuff about which songs I like, movies I've seen, but there are other outlets for this and, let's face it, those are the least interesting posts.

It may be the case that after a month or so away, I decide I want to get back into it. In which case, I will. It's possible that I just need some serious time away from this thing. So, if you're keenly interested, I urge you to check back periodically. I won't shut the thing down, or anything like that. But I will stop posting, at least as far into the future as I can see.

For your further blog needs, I suggest you take up this or this.

With that, I bid you farewell. I close with the following lines:

I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.
-P. G. Wodehouse

5 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

first klaus, now you. ... dd0031, now what am i going to read with my coffee? and check habitually nineteen times a day. ... is this really in your readers' best interest? (look, i used an apostrophe correctly! first time ever! it couldn't have happened without thosewhodig.blogspot.com!)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Dr. Castrato said...

yeah, shit bro. i hear ya - bloggin is a bunch of work with no reward. and yet, i still liked to read yours.
well whatever, i can't blame ya. keep in touch.
mb

8:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Too much of your life that interests you is stuff you just can't post? You, sir, are an arrant tease.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

I think the correct answer here is not retirement, but more promiscuous content. Take a tip from Paris Hilton: what good is a steamy personal life if you can't force it upon the entire world. Besides, you use pseudonyms. You could just deny that you are who they think you are, etc.

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, that sucks. I mean, it doesn't suck, per se, but qua blog, it was fun. Please continue to go to the movie board and post movie-related (or non-movie-related) stuffs. And that goes for the lot of you. The crux of its effectiveness in terms of passing the time is its ability to fill you in on entirely non-movie-related trivia...like funny things and things that aren't funny, but rather sad. Which is kind of funny. The address follows:

http://shelbythomas.proboards40.com


-Trans-Siberian Huskie

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home