7.03.2005

Sometimes I wonder if we're livin' in the same land.

Lancer's was dead last night. Too bad, too. I was in the mood to have a few drinks and get insulted by the local townies. But as I still live out of walking distance from the place, I had to stop at two drinks. Too bad, indeed.

Once again, I'm shopping for something to do on the 4th. When I was married this was so much easier. Kyra had all these friends who would throw fourth of july parties with all sorts of food and beer. We would go, she would disappear, I would be left to fend for myself in a crowd of miscellaneous strangers, most of whom were slightly hostile to the idea of someone being a "philosopher" professionally. Then I'd get pissed off, then they'd be pissed off that I was pissed off, and the whole thing would blow up before we got home. Wait, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, the 4th. The Turtle seems congenial to doing something, which would be cool, especially considering that he has access to a big pool and hot tub. If I can avoid a big undergraduate grope-a-thon, that would be even better. I can taste the Miller Lite (tm) and see the black snakes already. Hopefully Uncle Barry won't invade with all sorts of anti-Bush stuff. Not that I don't like my fair share of anti-Bush stuff, but I mean, there are other things in life to talk about. I shouldn't offend him, though. He's the anchor of the award winning trivia team.

The upshot, I think, is that I'll have to go over to the Turtle's place tonight to help him clean up. No problems. He's helping me move on Thursday; one hand washes the other, so to speak. He's also talking about watching Napoleon Dynamite which I've seen a few times now. I hope it's not one of these things where everybody recites the lines over and over. I mean, it's ok when I'M doing it, with STAR WARS, but with anyone else, it would be too bad. Too bad, indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"... your typical undergraduate sex-talk/grope-a-thon." So, so true.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home