7.02.2005

Let's sway under the moonlight - the serious moonlight.

Another late night last night. Went over to Math Rock's place for a little fun and games, and ended up drinking far too many Pabst (tm) Blue Ribbon lagers. The fun was generally marred because the Turtle, after playing what he could only describe as a disappointing game of Dance Dance Revolution (I was in Tower Records at the time, ogling the sales of which I could not partake, given this month's moving-related poverty), he was forced to undergo the indignity of losing his wallet and apparently a bunch of cash. That sucks. If I had an extra wallet with duplicates of all his stuff in it, I'd give it to him. Alas, apparently because there's a "nationwide shortage of Visa Checkcards", he's going to have to wait a hell of a long time before he can get any money. What the fuck is that? How could there possibly be a shortage of Checkcards?? What do you need? Plastic? Numbers? A name? Anything else?

I was getting extremely tired at around 1:30 or so, so it was a serious internal struggle when the Turtle's neighbors called and wanted all of us to go drinking over at their place. I relented, although I immediately regretted my decision, given that his neighbor's place was your basic undergraduate sex-talk/grope-a-thon. There may have been one time in my life where I could have drank enough to have enjoyed myself at one of these. No longer. I left after about 15 minutes.

After laying down the law with my roommate and officially committing myself to moving out on Thursday, I went up to campus with the mother of all caffeine headaches. This was compounded by the fact that I'm avoiding the bagel shop for clear examples of price gouging. I was forced to attempt to find coffee on campus, which on a Saturday during the summer is not the easiest thing in the world. Luckily (crazily?) the Grove is open until 2, so I was able to procure an overpriced 12-ounce cup. Sweet, sweet music.

It's another gorgeous day here. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do to fill it. Maybe I'll go to Lancers and shoot a little stick tonight. I need to start getting myself organized for the move, however. I'm going to bribe the Turtle, and hopefully one other person, into helping me move, so I need to be on the ball when Thursday rolls around. There's a ton of crap left over from my previous life as a married man that I need to either throw away or do something with. If anyone out there wants some outdated computer books, now's the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home