5.10.2005

Weird/Bad/Better Day

Today has been a veritable roller-coster of emotional reactions from me. I started out bad: I tried to shop around for cheap insurance, to no avail. Forgot to charge my phone overnight. Couldn't find parking, had to shell out the last of my coffee/lunch money for an on-campus permit. Had to fill my gas tank up to the tune of, like, thirty bucks. Realized that I had to buy insulin - not budgeted into my monthly expenditures. Ugh. Of course, this is all in the shadows of yesterday's uncertainty with regard to summer money. Not all that pleasing.

Then, I get to campus and realize that I lost one of my books somewhere. I mean, this one is expensive and important. Ran all around campus trying to find it, again to no avail. I was generally in a very pissed-off mood when I got to the logic exam I was proctoring.

But things started to look up. Logic isn't going to take that long to grade and it won't interfere with my grading for my other class. Also, Rage Kage found my copy of the book in his office, sitting on his desk. Apparently I put it there yesterday.

And I also did a pretty nice remix of my epic "La La Land". Actually, this one is a lot better than the old one. It's amazing how much a difference proper mixing can make. I discovered automations this last week, and that made the difference. I was able to add effects to only parts of tracks, which allowed me to do one thing I've been wanting to do. Also, the automations allowed me to do some better blending of the vocal tracks in the 'B' section. Anyway, it's up on the Castrato page. Eat this sweetish segment or spit it out. You are free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home