2.25.2005

Whaddya wanna do with your life?!?

The train of students is never ending. I just had eight more come to my office in the space of two hours. On Wednesday I had ten in the space of three hours. Monday I'm going to have twelve in the space of three hours. Individually, I like 'em all. And, in fact, I love interacting with themm as a class. Sometimes I feel as though it's my job not to educate, but merely to get them to the next round. I wonder why college, all of a sudden, has become something to get through in order to achieve some goal rather than being considered something that's important for its own sake. Education, dammit! It's education!

Speaking of education, I'm going to be some serious educating tonight with my pool cue. We're going to Lancer's, this sweet-ass-sweet pool bar in Normal Heights. It's also the greatest depository of funny quotes by San Diego locals:

1. (I was in my KU T-Shirt, and didn't do the greatest job parking); Local: Nice park job, Kansas!
2. (There with another grad student, beat a local at pool); Local (to buddy): I can't believe it, I got beat by an intellectual.
3. (A former student critiquing my phone); Student: That phone is so 1989.

There are a couple more that I'm forgetting. Actually, the first guy felt so bad about giving me shit about the parking job, later I ran into him at the jukebox and he gave me a dollar! WOOHOO! That helped me out because I was running low on cash and like always, I wanna rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home