2.23.2005

More readers.

So somebody suggested to me that the way to get more readers to this place is to start posting messages about my personal life. Well, it seems to me that insofar as there is anything interesting to post about my personal life, I do so. See the last post. Maybe this is an indication that I need a more interesting personal life. There are some things I keep secret, I suppose. Mainly out of concern for other people involved and, frankly, for me. But rest assured, dear readers, if there are sordid details worth telling, I'll tell 'em.

I suppose the James Ellroy Quote Of the Night feature has completely disappeared. I think the reason for its demise is mainly that I keep my James Ellroy novels at home, and have only once posted from the computer at home (in my roommate's room). That happened to be the James Ellroy quote night. Anyway, if I post from there again, I'll be sure to quote Mr. Ellroy liberally. It'll probably be about somebody calling somebody else a shitbird, or about the LA Cops liking that green, green, green.

Here's something about my personal life. Well, not mine, per se. Well, I guess it could be about my personal life in a "Cambridge" sense. That is, a story about George Bush getting a haircut is about me in the sense that I now live in a world in which George Bush got a haircut. That's about me in a "Cambridge" sense.

Anyway, my Mom got a date! Hooray for my mom. Much less pathetic, apparently, than me. Some dude named "Dick." Not, however, my advisor, who is also named "Dick". Also, not some dude named "Dick van Dyke" (who I would instantly assume was made up). Anyway, I was worried about my mom. She has been really, really lonely lately, especially since my sister moved from home, to Topeka, to Kansas City. She's going to see a Jazz concert. I don't know if I'm wild about the choice of date, considering my dad also happens to be a jazzmonger. Two jazzmongers might not be so good. Anyway, who knows. I, apparently, know nothing about these things. But I am relieved to see that my mom will at least be able to do something like this sometime. A lot of the reason I've been unable to get over my parents' divorce fully, I think, is because of this stuff.

Hey, that was sort of sordid. Readership spiking!

1 Comments:

Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

So, you're saying that the ladies should stay away from those jazz types?

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home