2.12.2005

This close.

Almost bought a computer today. The UCSD Bookstore has the old versions of Apple Powerbooks available at super-duper discounts. Could have had one of them bad boys for just over a grand. And I need one, too. My current computer is on its last legs, doesn't support the internet (I'm currently writing to you from a computer lab), it's battery doesn't charge (so it's not portable), has a missing 'o' key, and is quite literally held together with scotch tape. Scotch fucking tape. If that computer dies, I'm completely screwed. All of the material for my dissertation is on that computer, not to mention all other papers I've ever written.

Problem is, I can't afford a new computer. I mean, I can afford it in the sense that I have more than $1000 of available credit on my American Express card, but I can't afford it in any sense more substantial than that. And even if I did have some additional funds lying around, I'd have to save them to support myself over the summer, which is going to be a dicey proposition, anyway.

Ugh. I really want one of those new computers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home