2.27.2005

The Revenge of Stickman

I had high hopes.

I mean, really. My intentions were golden, all the way to the core.

I had decided sometime in the last few weeks that I was going to spend yesterday prowling the thrift shops for new and interesting clothing choices. Frankly, I need a few items that I'm unwilling/unable to spend a bundle on, so I thought I'd follow the trend in this department and check out the thrift shops.

Didn't go so well.

Somehow I found myself more or less chicken when it came to actually trying on/buying the stuff. Actually, there was only one semi-decent item I found, but it was much too small for me. But I also feel that my general queasiness might have contributed to not really looking. I suppose the thought that I'd be wearing something that is as likely to have been died in as not sort of freaked me out. Maybe I should go with a more experienced thrift store shopper in the future.

Today I've been work, work, workin' hard. I'm calling it quits in about a half-hour, though, because it's OSCAR NIGHT!!! Now, I hate the Oscars just about as much as anyone else on the planet, but they wield a strange power over me...a sort of fascination, if you will. Somehow, the morning of Oscar Night, I become absolutely curious to see what sort of dress Nicole Kidman is wearing, what idiotic things are said by miscellaneous actors on stage when they receive their awards. Sometimes it backfires. Sometimes I get so mad at someone like Julia Roberts for dissing on Bill Conti (in her terminology: "stickman") that it ruins the whole night. But not tonight. I'm going to have some serious milk-duds, some serious buttered popcorn, and some serious homemade lentil/split pea soup. Perhaps I might have wine? Perhaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home