7.12.2005

'Cuz I love you baby, that's no lie.

Can a cafe be stalked? I know it can be "cased". It can be "staked out". It can also be "stalked around" or "stalked about". But can it be stalked? Reason I ask is there's this great cafe that I really like a block from my new apartment. Bagel and coffee joint, you know the type. Anyway, I go there like every day, sometimes twice a day. This, really, just takes over the function of the bagel shop around the corner from my old apartment. But in the new place, the girl who works there has been there every single time I've been there, and I'm wondering if she's beginning to think I'm a cafe-stalker. This new place has me missing, just a little, the cold, impersonal nature of the mega bagel conglomerate that operated near my old place. I could go in there five, six times a day without anyone batting an eye. In this place, I feel like I have to account for myself. And as we all know, there's no accounting for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home