4.17.2005

And I said: "Baby, don't waste your time!!"

My cold (or whatever the sumbitch is) continues to bother me. It's still hanging out in the general throat area, but it steadfastly resfuses to calm down for anything but aspirin. I mean I've tried everything. Halls, Sucrets, Cepastat, or whatever that shit is, Cepacor, Cepalog, Sucalog, Hallarets, Suc-eeze, you name it. Aspirin works. It's funny how aspirin has a tendency to cure freaking everything under the sun. (Or, at least, delete the symptoms of underlying problems; which is just as good as a cure.) Heart trouble, pain, fever, hangovers, rheumatism, horse-mouth, hot-dog fingers, the ol' jelly eyes. You name it. I once heard some NPR report from a guy with a British accent (may not have been actually British) saying:

NPR REPORTER WITH POSSIBLY FAKE BRITISH ACCENT
Aspirin: it's the drug that's so bloody cheap, nobody takes it seriously.

The worst thing about my continuing cold symptoms is the fact that I have to go over to my ex-wife's apartment today to pick up her part of the tax money. Suckage and more suckage. Not that I don't like going over there or that I'm mad at her or anything, but it's still a little weird. I do get to see my kitty, though. And maybe I'll rip a few more CDs she stole from me, by way of asserting her legitimate ownership of them. Then I have a softball game that I may or may not be able to play in, depending upon my physical prowess at that time. A full report on that tomorrow, if you care.

Not much news, besides my general feeling of physical disintegration. Hyperbole? Nah.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Castrato said...

I KNOW WHATS ON YOUR MIND..
i might be qualified for a one night stand, but i could never take the place... of your man!

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home