4.05.2005

Wanna staple bacon to my face.

Wow, that kitchen was smokey. It was all I could do to avert the fire marshalls being called in. Frankly, I'm lucky to be alive.

Wait. Hold it. Hit reverse.

Last night, I decided that a lovely dinner for myself would include a can of Wolfgang Puck's splendid "Roast Chicken and Vegetable" and a nice plate of white basmati rice. Well, the soup went off without a hitch. Nevertheless, for the absolutely stupid (like myself), cooking basmati rice can sometimes endanger one's life and the life of one's family. This has a tendency to happen when you a) put the rice in a pot of water, as per instructions; b) set the burner on 'high' to bring the water to a boil; c) a la Homer Simpson, see something minutely distracting for one brief moment and completely forget that you have something on the stove set on high; d) forget about that something for upwards of twenty minutes.

Instant smoke machine. But oddly, it was very aeromatic.

After that totally embarassing episode, I went on to do a first draft of the song I've been working on, Deface. It's located in the Castrato page for those who give a damn. I'm not quite sure what to think of the ending I've tacked on there. It's a bit abrupt, but I'm still tinkering. I want the vibraphone sound to be prominent, but I'm not sure whether mimicking the analogue sequencer track is the best way to do it. Oh well, comments, critiques would be welcome.

After that, I read the final chapters of L.A. Confidental. What a fantastic book. I highly recommend it. In addition, it looks as though Brian De Palma is going to attempt The Black Dahlia. This should be interesting, especially since it stars Scarlett Johansson as Kay Lake and Hilary Swank as Madeline Sprague. Those are good choices, but I'm not quite sure what to think of Josh Hartnett as the tough ex-boxer lead. We'll see. It will be bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home