3.16.2005

Sho 'nuff to be cookin', in my book.

It's been a crazy few days. For some reason I've just been a little more anxious than usual. I've been a little "on edge". A little "wired". Don't know for sure what it is (actually, I might have an idea, but I don't think I'm ready to tell the internet yet). So that sucks. Hopefully once all the grading and fretting and all that is done, I'll be able to relax and play around on the new awesome music software given to me by A., "Reason". It's super-sweet. FYI: I posted a link to the song I recorded, but it's an early mix. I've already changed some stuff, and it turns out one of the vocal parts is singing the wrong notes at a crucial juncture. Too bad. But a better version will be up soon, I think (hope). I might even be able to use Reason to add some blips and beeps and drums and stuff.

Spring break is going to be so cool. Dale time. I might take a drive somewhere, might spend a hell of a lot of time in my apartment watching movies. I'll try to get caught up on my Netflix subscription. I currently have three movies that I need to watch: Thesis, Night and the City, and Rebecca, all of which are supposed to be awesome.

Last night I went to a special screening of a new NBC show. Apparently, they wanted philosophers and theologians and those types to watch the show and give them feedback. The name of the show is "Revelations", and it's apparently based on the idea that revelations actually starts happening on Earth, and these two characters (a scientist and a nun) have to race to stop the end of the world. I know what you're saying: you can't stop revelations! Well, a decent response would just be: hell, this is a sci-fi story, just like The Omen (which, coincidentally, was written by the guy who is writing this show). Well, wrong. The show itself wasn't so bad, but the question and answer session with the NBC people was really weird. Turns out that the guy in charge actually wants to make some sort of point about the relationship between religion and science. If so, it's really corny, unintelligent. There's something to be said for setting low standards and meeting them, I think. They set high standards, and failed miserably. Had they just said: hey, people, it's just a show! it would have been cool. Not so. Too bad.

Ugh. More grading. Hope I don't die before the end of all this.

11 Comments:

Blogger Bacillus said...

Dale time should be spent singing karaoke at smokies with the good rev. getting shnockered. just an opinon.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Bacillus said...

Dude your song won't play on my PC. Is it in .aif format? How huge is the file? PLEASE make it an mp3! My poor dialup is dying!

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've had "I Left My Insulin in Somebody's Car and Now I'm Gonna Die" going thru my head all day at work. I can't make up my mind if it's annoying me or not.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

Why so anxious? Why so edgy? Tell the inter nets! We must know! The inter nets are on the collective edge of their collective seat.

And dude, you totally need to compress that shit. iTunes will get it done for you.

4:54 PM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

I'm not going to post a new version until the song is finished. It's got problems. I'm singing a wrong note at one point. Also, I'm going to add some funky drum shit that I'm working on in Reason. Maybe this weekend? If you wanna hear it, you're stuck with .aif.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry if I'm being dense here, but I can't find a link to your song. Where is it?

5:11 PM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

Well, "Aaron", if you would have been paying attention, you would know that the link is on the Doctor Castrato Trax Page, linked via "The Doctor" on your right.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks "dd0031." I appreciate the "friendly" response and I'll try "pay more attention" in the future so as to avoid incurring the wrath of your web persona.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be a "little 'on edge'" and "a little 'wired'" if I found out my woman was pregnant.

8:31 AM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

Sorry Aaron. Didn't mean to offend. Actually thought you were someone else. Some other JERK I know.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, you've gotta watch out for those other, jerky Aarons.

I like La La so far. Any plans to put down a drum track on that?

Reminds me that we've been needing a drummer in the department for years. You can't get a really good rock band going with just a drum machine!

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home