3.09.2005

Been feedin' the rhythm.

A. has once again generously opened his music collection to me. This time I'm using him to fill my collection that was decimated by the insidious individual that stole all my great CDs (and my car) two Novembers ago. So far he's given me Kid A, Midnite Vultures, Teenager of the Year, John Henry, and Disintegration (which is a crying shame). Would that he had Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me. I guess I'll have to shell out the additional 19 bucks at tower records to get that one. Ugh. 19 bucks! That's highway robbery. In any event, A. is helping me to reestablish that my record collection is indeed respectable. Despite the continued presence of "Jealous Lover's Theme Song v. III".

Got an odd phone call today. Some 1-800 number. When I answer it, an electronic voice says that I've been selected to receive a free cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines, if I call this number and complete a series of "eligability questions". Scam meter rising. But since I've never been on a summer cruise, and a free one would have been, well, free, I figured, "what the hell". If one of the eligability questions include: "Hello. What is your credit card number?", I'm hanging up. So I call. This guy asks me if I'm single or married. To be quite honest, if marriage is a vague category, I'm in the vague domain - Kyra and I divorced last November, but I'm not sure whether all the paperwork has been processed or what. In any event, I answer "no." Then he asks me if I'm over 35. I say "no". 'Cuz I ain't. He tells me that this offer is only open to people over 35. D'oh. So all that for nothing. All that fretting over previous relationships and dissolved marriages, only to tell me that I'm too young to be allowed on a Carnival Cruise to the Mexican riviera for free. Jerks.

Speaking of Castrato stuff, The Rev. called me the other day, saying he's mailing all of the Doctor Castrato archive. Apparently there's stuff he has that he didn't include on the previous disk. As soon as I get it, I'll post them to the Castrato Trax page. He also said something about pictures/photos (including the pictures of Tony Simon and Erik Fisk in all sorts of makeup for the Princeton show that first summer; turns out make-up is an impetus to quitting the band). Any and all will be available if I get it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bacillus said...

what do you mean, IF you get it. you will. oh yes, you will.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Bacillus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Bacillus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Bacillus said...

I totally forgot about Sally and Action Ska and Stranger than Fiction. I do remember Action Ska being pretty kick ass, though. Too bad they're MIA

9:11 AM  
Blogger Dr. Castrato said...

dale, i would open my music collection to you, if you tell me how. i have some good shizzle that would make you wet.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home