3.05.2005

Last of the McKettrick Supplicants

Hey all. It's been rainy here. Rainy, rainy, rainy. I read somewhere that San Diego (San Fucking Diego) has had more rain this year than Seattle. That's right. Seattle. By a good three-or-so inches. If we get one more inch of rain, this will be the rainiest year on record, and it's only halfway through the year (apparently they start measuring rainfall in July, or something like that; sounds dumb if you ask me, but what the hell do I know?)! So, in that spirit, I've decided to offer my top five songs with "Rain" in the title. There are some good ones, believe you me:

5. "Shadows in the Rain" by The Police

Cool. Mysterious. Nice piano part.

4. "Singin' in the Rain" by Gene Kelly / Malcolm McDowell

Gene Kelly gets all the play, but I have a certian fondness for MM's version.

3. "Prayers for Rain" by The Cure

Pure gloom. Possibly the gloomiest song ever.

2. "Red Rain" by Peter Gabriel

Incoherent lyrics, but a nice hi-hat intro by Stewart Copeland.

1. "Purple Rain" by His Royal Badness

Was there ever any doubt?

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

"Beauty of the Rain" by Dar Williams is pretty amazing.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some others:

"The Rain Song" - Led Zeppelin.
"Have you Ever Seen the Rain" - CCR
Isn't there a Fishbone song called "The Pouring Rain?"

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home