3.14.2005

I just want your extra time and your $800 a month.

Well, you're looking at (the blog of) someone with an extra 25% TAship next quarter. HELL YEAH. Why, with all this complaining about grading, do I subject myself to more teaching rather than less? It's all about that dough, bruthah. Yasee, during the summer I'm assigned to be an Associate Instructor for Philosophy 13 (Introduction to Ethics). Now, it turns out that this position is not a union gig, because it's not covered by the UAW contract that we signed. So they can bilk me in any way they feel like. And they do. I don't get paid until September first, and then it's really only two months salary, rather than three. So I have to come up with an extra month's worth of green from between now and August 1. And here she is.

This will also help me pay off (some of) my computer, which I have been fretting about. And it will also allow me to live just a little bit larger than normal. Of course, this is what happened last year when I had 1200 pages of student writing to read in a week.

Well, while I'm at it, may as well take a moment to complain about grading. AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I've been sitting here for three days and I only have 11 portfolios out of 30 done. The other 19 need to be done by Wednesday or I'm in some seriously hot water. Well, lukewarm water. I could probably fake it when I go to the grading meeting, but I sure don't wanna do that. (Actually, I've heard tell of some Instructors not doing any of their grading until after the grading meeting, but it just seems to me that that's a little dishonest. And plus you might get fired.) All this grading is giving me something of a headache, which makes it even more difficult to get up the will power.

I'm also about 75% done with the track I've been working on in Cubase. As soon as I complete it, I'll post a link (maybe on the Castrato Trax page). It's turning out to be a cross between the Beach Boys and the Cure. But I likes it, I think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bacillus said...

Why don't you get another type job for part time work. I'm transfering old reel to reel tapes to CD for a prof at Drake for $30 an hour. and last weekend I worked like 20 hours!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Bacillus said...

Is that pronounced Cue-Base or Cub-ace? And I am assuming that you didn't pay $800 for that program? Just one of the perks from buying a school computer?

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home