2.06.2006

They see your every move.

Well, this is awkward.

There's this little board in our department, right when you come out of the elevator. It says: "Philosophers in Print." And, well, I got lucky enough to have a few articles appear in print over the last couple of months, so I felt like, eventually, my papers might end up there. I though our person in charge of these things wanted copies of people's first pages, so, you know, people could check out all the cool stuff happening.

Well, it's been awhile now since they appeared, and no posting on the board. I felt weird about doing this stuff myself, as if it were some kind of shameless self-promotion, among people who, let's face it, I really shouldn't be spending my time doing self-promotion, shameless or otherwise. But, finally, I got up the gumption to turn in the copies today, a little sheepishly.

The powers that be responded thus:

"They don't put graduate student publications on the board."

So I got all worked up, looked all sheepish, and now I look like a total self-involved jackass for nothing. I look like the jackass. Something's fishy here.

In other news, did anybody see Prince on SNL this weekend? Awesome!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Now why in the hell don't they put graduate student publications on the board? Seems unjust to me.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. What part of "Philosophers in Print" doesn't apply to the grad students? I think you should take this up with our grad reps.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Dapper Dad said...

You should stick a printout of every day's blog posting up there until they reconsider.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home