4.20.2005

You might think I'm crazy, but I don't even care. 'Cuz I can tell what's goin' on.

So guess whose rental car was not returned last night when I drove home? I'll give you, oh, three guesses. NO, not Boris Yeltsin's. NO, not the diaper guy from Parliment-Funkadelic's. YES! MY ROOMMATE'S!! Turns out all that bullshit I went through yesterday was all for naught. And boy, did I sure feel good about that last night.

I recently got my acceptance letter to the ISUS 2005 conference at Dartmouth this August. So if you happen to be in the Hanover, New Hampshire area then, you should let me know and we can partay. I'm not sure what there is to do in Hanover, New Hampshire, but if the rest of New Hampshire is any indication, it's got to be a happenin' burg if ever there was one.

I jest, of course.

My experience with New Hampshire has been limited to the following: going to friends-of-parents cabin when I was, oh, six? Something like that. My only memories of that time are of the cabin and being told not to rock back and forth to get to sleep by someone who was decidedly not my dad. Can't says I appreciated that one all that much. I also spent a cursory amount of time in NH when Iived in Boston, but it was basically land I had to drive through to get to other places I was going. Maine, mostly, but Montreal once, too. Although the Montreal trip happened in the dark both times, so there wasn't really much to see. And, as I recall, the Maine trips happened mostly in the dark, too. It'll be a hell of a revelation to see NH during the day. It's probably Xanadu.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

someone slipped me rufies in new hampshire in 2002. i feel asleep on top of my glasses, broke them, and had to tape them to my face when i covered a hockey game the next day. i'm sure your experience will be very different.

11:23 PM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

Hmm. I'll try to stay away from the roofies, but I can't guarantee anything (that's the thing about roofies). Nevertheless, I'm guessing that was a nighttime NH incident. I never said that NH wasn't like Castlevania II, where The Sunlight Has Vanquished the Horrible Night.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home