4.19.2005

Even in the future, nothing works.

So I was supposed to have a nice post today about the colorful cast of characters with whom I ride the bus sometimes; Cowboy Jim, Danny the Patrolman, Mr. Itchy, Bobby and the Pirate, Plastic Man, etc. I was really going to have fun with it. But, as it happened, I didn't ride the bus today. There's a story in there somewhere. In fact, it's right here. Because my apartment complex is shitty, my roommate and I have to park one-behind-the-other in our parking space. Which means if I want to go to school while he's still sleeping, I have to have the spare key to his car to move it and get my car out. Well, for the last few days my roommate has had a rental car, to which I had the spare key. Of course, last night he told me that he was going to return the car today, so he needed the spare key in the morning, after I moved his car. Fine. Fast forward to this morning. I get out of bed, the sun is (not) shining, and I decide to take the bus. Now, it's a bit of a walk to the bus. I get TEN FUCKING FEET from the bus stop and remember that I still have my roommate's rental car key that he needs that day. After several minutes of cursing, I walked back to my apartment (for a total of about 45 minutes walking), returned the key, and said: "Screw it, I'm driving."

So I drive to school at around 8:30. Now, I've never had a problem parking off campus if I get there before 10am. NEVER. Until today. Can't find a spot to save my life. Meanwhile, the gas gauge (which I have been neglecting because of the ridiculous price of gas in my neighborhood - $2.60 at last reckoning) starts creeping toward E. Finally, I find a spot about a mile and a half from campus and once again, start a'walkin'.

All for want of a brain that would have reminded me to put the goddamn key on the coffee table. Then you'd be reading about the time Cowboy Jim ashed all over my un-touched cup of Starbucks Coffee. But alas, 'twas not to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home