3.20.2005

All my lovers were there with me, all my past and future.

Did taxes yesterday. Turns out I owe Uncle Sam over 300 bucks. Three hundo. Tres hunski. Dale = pissed. Turns out that when you pool my earnings and my (ex) spouse's earnings, it totals something like 60 Gs. Thats, uh, in a larger tax bracket than I was expecting. Sucky. Even the awesome Lifetime Learning Credit couldn't save me on this one. On the upside, however, when I was doing my taxes, I was able to rip all the CDs that she took with her that I've been missing, most importantly Radiohead's Amnesiac and Pablo Honey. Overall doing taxes took too long, was too stressful. Next year, thankfully, I should just be able to do them in an hour or less on my computer with my W2 and that's it. Hopefully. But you never know about these things.

Last night was fun. Went out to Lancer's with A, M, and M. Unfortunately, however, we had to depart the bar a little earlier than I was in the mood for, M decided he "had work to do" or "some other such shit", so we had to leave. Trouble was, M still wanted to party, be he didn't want to go all the way back to A's house with M and me because he lives in Hillcrest, nearer to the bar and wouldn't have wanted to drive all the way back home from La Jolla. So, as a compromise, A took M home, while M and I hung out at my place. Eventually A showed up again, and we watched three-or-so Mr. Show episodes: "What to Think", "Who Let You In?" and "Show Me Your Weenis". Good stuff.

Today I sold a few used books and put about 15 bucks in my pocket so I could afford to have a nice afternoon on the town. It's really a gorgeous day. I'm currently writing to you from Lestat's Coffee House in Normal Heights (free wifi!). I think I might stay here for a little while, maybe read a little James Ellroy, maybe work on a paper I've been sitting on for awhile. The whole day is wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open. Hopefully. But you never know about these things.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bacillus said...

So, being on spring break I'd think you'd have more time to update your blog.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Matthew J. Brown said...

Unfortunately, however, we had to depart the bar a little earlier than I was in the mood for, M decided he "had work to do" or "some other such shit", so we had to leave.

Sorry, duder. This was actually the condition for me coming along in the first place. So blame "A." ;)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home