8.21.2005

Now I'm here, now you're here.

Gotta hand it to Shelby. While cruising his movie board today, I noticed his post on a bit of news (which I missed completely) concerning the Cure's plans for a new album. This prompted me to visit the Cure's website, to see if there was any more information. There, I found what has got to be considered good news, viz., that Porl Thompson has re-joined the Cure. I take this to be an unqualified good thing. During my long-winded analysis of the problems with the Cure's "Wild Mood Swings" (did you ever notice that I can never decide whether I'm going to put something in quotes or italicize it? I guess it depends on my mood...), I came to the conclusion that Thompson's departure was a major reason for the flatness of the record. Though the website suggested that he was back playing guitar for the summer, I'm assuming (given the language the news was phrased in), that he'll continue, hopefully contributing to the new record. If so, my expectations for the new thing are high. Of course, I expect to be harshly criticized by said Shelby, but nonetheless, I remain optimistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home