7.27.2005

Crappy.

So, here's something that pissed me off. Once again, I had no Netflix to watch, so I decided to check out some of the extras on my super-deluxe-version of The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly. One of which seemed very interesting to me, a documentary on Ennio Morricone, and the music for the movie (which has got to be, like, the greatest score ever). Anyway, there was this talking head, some film music historian, but it was clear that he basically had NO IDEA what he was talking about, and resorted to pure speculation: "I speculate that the theme was composed like this because..." Horseshit! No interviews with real people? No people who know anything? What the hell is this, some kinda' dog and pony show? And then, there's an "in depth" discussion of the music of the film, which only has audio, no video (which is fine, I mean, it's about the music, right?) - but the problem is that as this jerkweed is talking about the music, THEY NEVER PLAY A NOTE OF IT. I mean, he's making all these interesting points, and describing the music in detail, but they never think to say, "Oh, hey, you know this part where this guy goes on for ten minutes about the showdown music? MAYBE WE SHOULD PLAY A COUPLE OF SECONDS OF IT!" Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, I tell ya'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home