7.22.2005

The Blogger's Paradox

Have you ever noticed that there's a certain, well, paradox involved in writing stuff on a blog? I mean, it isn't a strict logical paradox, or anything, but one of the primary motivations for keeping a blog, I take it, is that people will read it. And not just a few people, but a lot of people. More and more people. But the more people who read it, the more you feel you shouldn't include certain things, lest there be people who are reading it you don't want to know all the intimate details of your life. But often, intimate details about your life are what attract readers. If so, one has conflicting rational decisions: say more, more readers, less privacy. Say less: more privacy, fewer readers.

It's a juggling act, I tell ya'.

Oh, there's a new song up on the Doctor's page, if you care at all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've noticed this very paradox.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

me too. ive decided that someday i will write about my threesome in st. cloud. im working up to it. this comment is the closest i've gotten.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home