7.26.2005

He can breathe ok, so long as nobody unplugs 'im.

Man, Bladerunner is such a great movie. I watched it again last night, after having gone a few years without watching it all the way through. Last Christmas, Klaus got me the BFI book on it, and it said that Philip K. Dick was upset about the noir conventions being tossed around in the script, but I think that totally makes the movie so much more dynamic. It's got some really interesting stuff about the future, the nature of humankind, etc., but it's also got one hell of a good detective-based narrative, with the dialogue to go with it. Very very cool.

Today's the day of the special mayoral election in San Diego, so I drove all the way up to Clairemont (near my old apartment) to go vote. A whole two questions. Gotta be a record low for a California election in the midst of the referenda-based form of government we've got going on here. Man, direct democracy sucks. Anyway, as a treat, I got a haircut and put it on my credit card (money's tight). I think the lady left the back a little too long, but other than that, it's ok. Just like normal. The good thing about the haircutting experience is that, unlike previous examples, there was actually more than one good song on the speakers, and they didn't happen while I was getting doused with a waterhose. This time it was: "Electric Avenue" by Cameo, "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" by Joan Jett, and "Let's Go Crazy", by His Royal Badness. Not bad for a 20-or-so-minute excursion.

I'm beginning to lose trust in the mail. As I have no cable, no friends, etc., I rely on Netflix to get me through those cold (hot), lonely nights. But if the mailman doesn't pick up your outgoing mail, or, say, forgets to give you your mail entirely, the whole system breaks down and causes unnecessary delays. Also, I was supposed to receive a check to the tune of $500, which they've already lost once. It better come tomorrow, or I'm gonna raise a stink. The check my ex-roommate was going to send me also didn't get here today. Not sure I should blame the mail for that one.

End transmission.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Castrato said...

i dont think cameo did electric avenue. pretty sure it was eddy grant.

word up.

6:28 AM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

Did I say Cameo? My face is red. I stand corrected.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home