3.30.2005

I've been taken for lost and gone and unknown for a long long time.

In response to Matt's request, I've started work on a new song. Hopefully it should be done by this weekend. I've got three-or-so minutes done, and only a few more sections to add. This one's turning out a hell-of-a-lot less mellow than "La La Land". Downright angry, if I may say so. But I like it. It's called "Deface". But the title is really just a conglomeration of the notes the right- and left-hand are plaing during the main section of the song. The bass plays "d-e-f" and the right hand holds an A minor triad (which has the effect of producing a nice F major 7 chord during the last bit). Anyway, you'll hear it.

This songwriting process, however, has put me once again into contact with my heroic inability to write lyrics that don't make me want to puke my guts out. So far the song has words, but the lyrics are precisely eight words long repeated ad naseum. It makes a nice effect, but I think I'd rather be able to have, you know, some sort of interesting point to the lyrics in a song, rather than just being content for the vocal parts and a foil for potential harmonies. So far, I really suck at it. Anybody out there feel like writin' some lyrics? I could sure use the help. Now I know how Sullivan must have felt. Besides, you know, the obvious differences.

The quarter has begun again. Fun fun fun. I'm currently trying to get all my committee members to commit to a time that would allow me to advance. So far I only have two members responding, and I'm forced into either tuesday, thursday, or friday mornings at 9:30 am. Ugh. Let's hope the other remaining four members don't have a problem with those times. Anyone have any advice on doing this? I want it to happen sometime in early May.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you write the lyrics for Sally0009.jpg and Insulin? I mean, for wacked out crazy songs, yer 'the bomb' song writer.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason when I click on 451 on the Castrato page, a file called 'common.m4a' opens and it's Music Box. Where's 451?

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should really post the picture of you and matt with your "knickers" on.

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

About 451. Must hv been my wrk computer tht ws messing up. Serves me right for trying to listen at wrk.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dale...where can I download these "songs" of yours?


--Big Daddy G

2:28 PM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

I thought I sent you one, BDG, on Big Daddy Gmail. Apparently it didn't go through. Anyway, you can get it by clicking on "The Doctor" to your right.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home