8.05.2006

It's the freakiest show.

Sick.

Again.

This time with what my doctor referred to as "viral gastro-entoritis". Basically "the flu". I'm not really puking anymore, which is awesome, but I spent some time with an IV drip over at student health yesterday. The flu is tricky business for diabetics: you must stay hydrated, lest you risk ketoacidosis, and you can't really take any insulin, because you might be barfing up all the sugar you eat to compensate. Also you can't really drink fluids, because, you know, the puking thing. Hence the IV.

However, the doctor did give me some anti-nausea pills, and they're kicking ass, especially since they're basically a sedative. Took one last night at around 7pm, and was out by 9. Woke up at 2, wide awake. Read about 50 pages of "Eight Men Out", took another, slept until 9:30.

I hope I'm better by Monday. I start teaching that day. I actually hope I'm better by tomorrow so I know what I'm going to say on Monday. I haven't been able to do any work since I came down with this dashed illness. Although I have gotten a lot of movie-watching in:

The Three Buriels of Melquiadas Estrada (didn't actually finish it. was bored to tears)
Disk 1 of Season 5 of the Simpsons (Shows AND Shows + Commentary)
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (good.)
High Plains Difter (still deliberating on this one.)

By tomorrow morning I will have watched:

The Fog of War
Incident at Loch Ness

Dang it. I need to get some work done. This sick crap is getting on my freaking nerves. Me and some colleagues were supposed to go wine tasting yesterday, but that totally didn't work, as I would have been upchucking Sangiovese all the way home.

Work tomorrow. That's the plan. Work work work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home