7.28.2006

When the words were touched with sorrow.

Anyway, in other news, I should tell the story of my Dad's pop music tape.

Sometime in, oh, 1987 or so, my Dad must have been frustrated at the state of the radio, or something, so he listened for days and recorded a bunch of songs that he liked from regular rock/pop stations onto a cassette tape that supplanted the radio while driving in the car. The thing about this tape was that it had all these different songs, you know, typical mid-Eighties stuff. "Your Wildest Dreams" by the Moody Blues. "No One Is to Blame" by Howard Jones. "Sussudio" by Phil Collins. "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood. "Lady in Red" by Chris de Burgh. There was also, I'm not kidding, "Rock Me Amadeus". But, be quite honest, to this day, merely driving around to that blasted tape has caused me to smile every time I hear one of those dang songs. I heard the Moody Blues tune driving home tonight. I wonder whatever possessed my Dad to make that tape and play it over and over and over? Surely he could have just bought some tape and played that. And that would have even had a few decent tunes on it. Oh well, live and learn. I suppose we all did things in 1986 that we regret now.

I wonder if I can get that tape somehow...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you erased the best part of the post! How could you???

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home