4.04.2005

Rhythm and Light and Sound

So both of my baseball related experiences were a little disappointing yesterday. My softball team put up a valient effort but was thwarted by a vastly superior foe. Furthermore, the Red Sox stammered against RJ and the Yanks last night, which was equally, if not more disappointing.

However, to cheer myself up after the Sox game, I threw in the ever-classic "This is Spinal Tap". There were a few good jokes that I never caught in the six bazillion times I've seen the movie before. The funniest of which is, I think:

NIGEL:
It seems that Sex Farm is on the charts in Japan. Number five last week, actually.

DEREK:
Spinal Tap's recording of Sex Farm?

Ha. The movie is full of stuff just below the surface like that. Another bit is where Tap is playing "(Listen to the) Flower People" and Nigel starts his Sitar solo, but he doesn't actually react to it until halfway through the first bar. Funny stuff.

The other eye-opening part of this viewing of Spinal Tap for me was how catchy a song "Stonehenge" is. I mean, that middle section where Nigel is singing about, you know, the dewdrops and cat's meow, is actually kinda' cool. I wonder if anyone's ever done a cover of that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bacillus said...

where's Castrato when you need them? Stone Henge Castrato style? Woo!

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get the first joke...the "Spinal TAP" deal...'splain.

And I'm not sure what you mean about the flower people solo...'splain again.


--Shbelbyh

2:15 PM  
Blogger dd0031 said...

Well, vis-a-vis the first joke: who the hell else's recording of Sex Farm is it supposed to be? And the second one, because on those old shows, nothing was played live, it's funny to see Nigel going along as if he wasn't noticing he should be reacting to playing a solo.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Dr. Castrato said...

the spinal tap soundtrack is awesome. funny, but also well written and well played songs. "you're too young, and i'm too well hung, but tonight i'm gonna rock ya, (tonight i'm gonna rock ya) yeah tonight i'm gonna rock ya (tonight i'm gonna rock ya) TONIGHT!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home