12.19.2004

I like mine with lettuce 'n' tomata', Heinz 57 'n' fraynch fried potaytas

So it appears somewhere along the line my Mom has turned into a Parrothead. That's right. Jimmy Buffett in the car alllllllll dayyyyyyyy looooooooong. And it seems as though she and the car are in cahoots, because even tough Joe Jackson is persona non grata, that CD player loves wastin' away (again) in Margaritaville.

But I was able to put up with it yesterday because I finally got a new phone go replace my old, shitty one. I even downloaded a ringtone (HAH! Joinin' the 21st Century). So right now whenever anybody calls me, my phone plays "Don't Stand So Close to Me". Boy, I needed a new phone. I ran into a student at the bar a while back. She happened to catch a look at my phone and promptly declared that it was soooo 1989. That and she also declared that my thesis advisor was attractive. Poor, confused students. But she was right about the phone. 1999 is more like it, but anyway, I had been lax in getting a new one. Sometimes I claim that there's a woman to blame, but I know it's my own damn fault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home