2.05.2005

Million Dollar Week

This was a great week for me. I got a R&R at The Philosophical Quarterly. The revisions requested were minor, and I think are largely completed. Also, UCSD just hired Michael Otsuka for a senior job. He's in political philosophy, which is great for me, and I'm excited to have him starting here in the fall. Also, I learned that I will only be teaching one section of Muir 50 next quarter, rather than the standard two. Apparently it's a new policy that instructors only teach five sections per year. WOOHOO! Now it turns sour as I have thirty papers to grade before Wednesday, but it's nice to savor a good week just a little.

Also, I saw Million Dollar Baby last night. Very strong. Not quite sure how to put my thoughts into words yet, but an elegant piece. All performances were well done, especially Morgan Freeman, but especially Clint Eastwood. His voice sounds grisslier than ever, but it worked quite well for that role.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home