12.31.2004

Roof-eeze

When, I'm told, warm air hits cold air, it creates, among other things, fog and wind. Since I've been back in KS, the fog has been palpable--and created for some nice photos that I took on my way to eat dinner and see Sideways again with some friends, Chris Grenz and his wife Esther. But the wind was most noticable last night when, apparently, it violently separated my mother's roof from a section of its shingles.

This gave me a golden opportunity to explore a second career as a roofer.

Now, you may think it trite, but I spent about an hour up on my mom's roof replacing busted shingles, and, aside from one color-mismatched shingle, did a freaking good job of it, I have to say. Now, it goes without saying that I shan't be held responsible if my mom's roof collapses as a direct result of my gross negligence, but I honestly think there's a very small chance of that happening.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris Grenz is a 'mo.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home