1.09.2007

Reflections on Black Tuesday.

Bad day today.

I have it on good authority that I'm not going to get jobs that a) I really wanted and b) I had reason to believe I had a very good shot at. Basically what's left now are places where I thought that either the interview went badly, or that are way out of my league. I think I have to seriously consider the possibility that I won't get a job this year.

Which, of course, totally sucks. I put together a damn fine application and was a damn fine interviewer. I guess the job market being what it is, sometimes that isn't really enough. It helps to have connections to everyone and their sister. I don't really have all that many connections (though I thought I did ok). I have to say it's by no means certain that I won't get a job this year. But the balance of power is definitely not in my favor.

DAMMIT! I really wanted JOB X. AND I really wanted JOB Y. I was good for them! They were good for me! Why? WHY? WHY!?!?!

End transmission.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

oh no.

does this mean we don't get to be friends? i was banking on and plotting your sweet sweet corruption.

say it ain't so.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home